Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Book Review #2: Soil Grass Cancer

My Book Review Disclaimer:  I am not going to waste my time or your time by writing a review about a book that stinks.  Likewise, I am only going to bother reading it if it's not a waste of time and I am learning from it.  If it's good and I think it's a worthwhile read, I'll put it up on here and tell you why.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Current Amazon Price as of writing this review: $238.98

In a previous life (of employment), I worked at (not for) a pharmaceutical company where I got the impression (no surprise) that their goal is to treat every American for diabetes, not heal them.  From that standpoint, it makes sense why this might be a controversial book... forget the fact that it was written over 60 years ago!

This book covers a broad spectrum of diseases and disorders that we humans (and livestock) find ourselves encountering.  This takes the approach of food as medicine and breaks it down a little bit at a time.  Ever wonder why race horses come from the bluegrass regions of Kentucky?  I'll give you a hint, it's in the ground! 

When the soil that livestock are raised on is deficient in something, the animals can get sick and die.  Even worse, you can get sick and die!  This ties in wonderfully with my next book review, which covers in great lengths the connection between the magnesium saturation and the calcium saturation in the soil that our food is grown or raised on. 

I will admit that after about the first half of the book, I began to loose interest, as it began to go deeper than my mind was able to follow.  He was using medical terms that went over my head and I just plain lost interest.

That said, I plan on reading through this one again in the future!  I highly recommend it... but please take it back to the library when you are done, as I can't afford to buy my own copy either.

No comments:

Post a Comment