Tuesday, December 22, 2015

America, a nation of freedoms and liberties!

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...

I was taught at an early age, although I can't remember how, that we as Americans are special.  Why, might you ask?  Because we live in a land of freedom and liberty, for all!  (Maybe it was the pledge of allegiance?)  Well anyway, these days there are lot of things to love about our country, a lot of freedoms and liberties still exist.  Some people like them, some don't... one of those liberties is the freedom of travel and the freedom to move.  I kinda wish the people who don't like all those liberties would go to one state of the fifty (surely one of the fifty to choose from would work) and set up their own little utopia of rules and regulations that would strip the people of those freedoms and liberties and see how long the people would be happy... but I digress.

At the end of the day, it is what it is.  There are laws and regulations I don't like, but I have to live with them... why do I have to live with them?  Well if I don't, a man (I'm sure he's normally a very nice man) will come and threaten me with violence.  You don't believe me?  Refuse to file a tax return and see what happens... if you wait long enough, a man with a gun will come take you to jail.

In short, I'd like to put together a list of liberties we don't have in America... a list of things we can't do!  Citizens of other countries have these liberties, but not us!  If you can think of any that I missed, please share it in the comments section.

Liberties and freedoms American's don't have... and things we don't have the freedom not to do!

1) Purchase raw milk 

(Without jumping through hoops)

2) Purchase meat

From a facility that is not USDA/FDA/State inspected and approved (your own quality inspection is not sufficient)

3) Freedom of speech?  

Even if you don't believe it, stand up on a crowded street corner and say that it's wrong to be gay...

4) The right to bear arms

Infringed:
(1)To do something that does not obey or follow (a rule, law, etc.) ( chiefly US )
(2) To encroach or trespass (usually followed by on or upon)
I wouldn't recommend you travel through Illinois with a firearm... but you can try it if you want to...

5) File a tax return

Skip that one and see how it works out for you!

6) Go to school

Tell me a place where children have the freedom to not get an education.  I'm not even talking about homeschooling here!

7) Freedom of religion

I'm glad it's illegal for Muslims to go Jihadi on us infidels... but those Christians had better keep their views and opinions to themselves!  In fact, that there Bible is probably hate speech... 

8) Property taxes

I'm all about paying back the debt I have on my house... but you don't own the land if the mafia, er, government can take it away from you for not paying your taxes!

9) You, little girl, must have a business license to sell cupcakes!

Goodness, I did not expect to get so many results on this search, but do a quick one for the following:
girl +told+to+stop+selling+cupcakes
Yea, tell me all those little girls are free... and that's just one example!  Here's another example...

10) Health insurance!
Well this one almost slipped by... you don't have a choice, now you are required by law to obtain medical insurance... OR PAY THE FINE!

Well that's all I have time for... hey, chime in and I'll add to the list!

Coming soon, Lacto-fermenting Pickles!

No comments:

Post a Comment